Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Remember those who have given all to keep us free!

~I went to the Family Thrift Center for the 1/2-off sale. When I got there 10 minutes beforeopening, the line was out to the street!I just waited until everybody was in befroe getting out of the truck. Since I had scoped out the store on Sunday, I picked up a platter, bowl, skirt & nightgown I had already planned on purchasing. I walked around some more,but that was all I ended up getting. Not bad for $9!

~Back home, I made Orange Craisin Coconut bars for the reception on Saturday. I also swept the floors & dusted the furniture.

~I made a Girly Hat in Peaceful Leaf/Sassy Peach & a CSS Black rose pin for the LB Homespun Candy Apple Cheyenne hat I made previously.

~I made Mike a chicken bacon cheese sammie for supper.

~I had started watching Stephen King's "The Stand" earlier in the afternoon & we continued watching it together. I think because I'm in a different place now,spiritually,it meant more to me than just watching a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment