Thursday, August 11, 2011

But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge. Psalm 94:22

Tierra Amarilla, NM

~Mike took me to work. I had two hours to myself (Ms. Jeannine had an eye appointment), so I looked at new recipes to try for the Food Fair. I downloaded Buckeye Brownies & Pumpkin Blondies. There were very few edits on the bulletins & I got them printed/folded/inserted in no time. I also helped Janet with the quarterly statements. She is so happy with the new lap top! She said "Give Mike 3 hugs/kisses for me!", LOL. I helped Julie with the Food Pantry & Fr. Jim/Ms. Mary with names/addresses of parishioners. Ms. Mary picked out a Prayer Shawl for one of our home bound ladies.

~Date Nite: After warmups, we did a whole night of shooting on the move with multiple targets.
Drill #1:Starting at point-in(aiming at the target) from 5ft, controlled pair 1st target, reload(set up with lock-back reload), controlled pair, second target, all while moving forward.
Drill #2:Same as drill #1, but with side movement & controlled pair in 3rd target.
Drill #3:Starting from holster, draw & move at angle, backwards, controlled pair, move sideways right with controlled pair in 2nd & 3rd targets.
Drill #4:Starting from holster, failure drill 1st target, move right, failure drill in 2nd & 3rd targets. Reload, head shot moving left in 1st, 2nd & 3rd targets. The ultimate in multi-tasking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment