Monday, September 13, 2010

Lap Blanket

Stained Glass granny square lap blanket for the VA Hospital via St. Mary's Prayer Shawl Ministry

~A stop at Big Lots before heading up to the church to help Chuck load bags for the Food Pantry. I also called in payroll.

~I mailed off a package at the post office(naked!) then went to the Big Lots downtown. I got some juice boxes for the church nursery(DoK takes care of the snacks),a box of brownie mix(the last one!).

~I used a 40%-off coupon to to a skein of Vannas Choice Pearl Mist for a special-order hat. Then, across the street for four skeins of Bernat Alpaca, one each color of Ebony, Indigo, Fern & Tomato, for the same special-order.

~Back home, I made a batch of Pumpkin Bran muffinettes & swept the floors.

~I made the first of 5 special-order Durango Hats in Bernat Alpaca "Ebony". This yarn is super soft,but makes me itch!

~Mike closed the store.

~I added the last 5 green squares to the Rainbow granny lap blanket & edged it in Black. It is gorgeous!

5 comments:

  1. beautiful!
    i have a new link blog that you are welcome to post your handmades!
    http://www.linkhandmade.blogspot.com
    :)
    niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lap blanket has inspired me! I might (if I find the time) make one for my Gram - she's in the nursing home with Alzheimers.
    rn.mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you no longer have your web site for your patterns?

    ReplyDelete