Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Real World

Cactus with flower seen on our hike at Camp Stoney 06/16/09

~The "real" world jump up & slapped me in the face this morning.Mike had made a dentist appointment for this morning at 7:30am.I went ahead & made one for the same time.While we were on the road for 18 years,we only went to the dentist once,when Mike got his upper teeth pulled & dentures 14 years ago.At that time I got my teeth cleaned & one,tiny cavity filled.

~This appointment was mainly for Mike to get a new upper plate,while I was to get my teeth cleaned & evaluated for any further work.Mike did get molds made for a new plate & will probably need to have several bottom teeth pulled & a partial made for the lower jaw.

~Now,for the "slap".The dentist basically described my teeth "encrusted like barnacles on a ship" around the gum line from not having been professionally cleaned for so long.Quite a few were loose,but with hopes of them tightening up with deep cleaning,which I had done on one side this morning.However,I did have to have one wisdom tooth pulled because the root was too short & it had become infected.That was surprising since I had no pain.The other teeth will be cleaned in a couple of week.While at the dr's office,I did start a Cheyenne Hat in LB Homespun Fawn.

~Afterwards,Mike & I went to WMS to pick up a penicillin & painkiller prescription for me.

~After my lunch of Key Lime shake(6oz lite key lime yogurt/6oz 1/2 & 1/2-shake!),we stopped by Napa to take the boys more cookies.I normally take 6 to Jason & Bryan,who work on Sundays.Apparently,there were 2 left over on Monday & the guys were fighting over them!Also,Mike wanted to show Jason his Sig.

~Next to Best Buy for home phone & Magic Jack.

~Back home,more shake I finished the Modern Flapper Hat Imogene in CSS Brites Limelight that I started last week.I added a Star Flower pin in CSS Brites Mango,centering it with a purpleish-blue star button.This hat is all about tropical fun!

~I finished the Cheyenne Hat in LB Homespun Fawn,adding an already-made rose pin in "Bitterswet",a dark rusty orange wool with spots of fuschia,gold & plum.

~I made Mike a bacon cheeseburger for supper.I had chicken broth & a little bit of spinach dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment