Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lap Blanket

Round Ripple lap blanket for charity.Main color is RHS Bright Yellow with various shades of red & orange scraps.It may be taken to the VA hospital,which is where the last batch of lap blankets that I made were taken.

~Susie & I went to yard sales.I got a small skein of teal yarn(.25),a knife($10),wooden doll pins(.70)& 2 decorative sticks($1).We had lunch at Annie's Soup Kitchen.

~I did 2 loads of laundry.

~I started a new lap blanket,using the general idea of my Darn Dye Lot blankets.My mother had sent me 5 skeins of Wintuck Ombre 100% Orlon yarn(from the 1970's) in "Browns",shades of rusty brown with white,for 50cents a skein at Goodwill.I used one 3.5oz skein,alternating dc & sc,making a piece 31" wide X 9" long.By my calculations,the 5 skeins will make it 45" long,a good length for a tall man.The coloring looks like a Paint pony!

~I made Mike a bacon cheeseburger for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment