Monday, January 25, 2010

Lap Blankets & Shawls

Prayer Shawl in Shades of Roses(rose pink,country rose & claret).This was the first prayer shawl I made & the starting chain was too wide(75 stitches).I now know to make it 60 stitches wide. Alternating dc & dc,ch 1.
Diamond Prayer Shawl in RHS Medium Thyme. I wanted a pattern that was "unisex". Used a K hook & modified the pattern I used to use for the Diamond lap blanket.
Diamon Prayer Shawl in Caron Pounder Deep Violet(closer in shade to the color dot).Used a J hook & it is slightly skinnier,but still wide enough.
Playful Plaid lap blanket.
Color Block lap blanket-one of my favorites!
~I stopped by Big Lots before heading up to the church to load bags with Chuck for the Food Pantry.
~I got groceries,.40 ammo & a coffee pot at Walmart Supercenter.
~After lunch,I swept the floors(more hair now than hay since the snow/rain)and did a load of laundry.
~I made a special-order Cheyenne Hat in Bernat Softee Chunky Dark Blue,adding a rose pin in Yellow from my stash. I also made a few flowers for a Garland of Blossoms scarf.
~Date Nite was fun(not ouchies this time!).We went back to fundamentals of shooting & also shot in the dark with flashlights. The Oatmeal cookies I brought were devoured!

4 comments:

  1. Catherine, thanks for printing a picture of the thyme Diamond prayer shawl, you told me you would a while back It is so nice but you know I believe I like the one in deep violet. It looks so rich! Did you all get a lot of snow up in your neighborhood, we didn't get anything but rain and a little sleet down here in the valley. My hubbie and I celebrated our 57th Wedding Anniversary today. I was 16 and he was 19 and in the Navy when we married. Just thought you might like to hear about it. Thank you again for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome prayer shawls!
    I actually like them a little wider...
    Gorgeous design!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete