Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all my friends & family.I am truly blessed!

~Not a very exciting day,but Mike & I got to spend it together.

~After breakfast,I made Pumpkin Sausage soup for Lori's get-together on Sunday.It's always best if it sits a few days.I also did 3 loads of laundry(Mike helped fold!),swept/mopped the floors & cleaned the front bath.

~We had pizza for lunch.All the carbs made me sleepy,so I napped off & on for almost an hour!

~I started a man's Prayer Shawl in RHS Medium Thyme,using a modified version of the Diamond lap blanket.From the last Prayer Shawl I made,I knew it needed to be no wider than 60 stitches using a J hook.The pattern turned out to use 59 stitches.I used a whole 7oz skein & it is exactly half the size it needs to be!I will add another 7oz skein to the starting chain.I'm so excited this pattern worked out.Most of the Prayer Shawls being made,both crocheted & knitted,tend to be on the feminine side.I am also tempted to offer to teach anyone at church to crochet so we can have more Prayer Shawls to give away!

No comments:

Post a Comment