Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lap Blanket

Lacey lap blanket for the VA hospital.Yarn donated by Karen.

~Mike had my Jeep plugged in over night & started it this morning,running it for about 10 minutes,before he left for work.We'll see if it's warmer!

~The Jeep was warmer!

~Work went well.Got all the bulletins done & worked on next weeks.

~I dropped off a plate of Ginger Coconut bars for the Napa boys.

~Date Nite was interesting.Learning to reload & shoot with our weak hand.I can rack a bullet into the chamber,but cannot lock the slide back one-handed.It is a problem with under 4" guns.But,my gun is all steel,so I guess I could hit somebody with it,LOL.

4 comments:

  1. That's a very nice, "clean" pattern! Nice for men as well as women. Thanks for sharing the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! Is Lacey Lap Blanket the name of the pattern, or is this your creation? Where can I get the pattern? L think it might make a nice baby blanket and I have the perfect pink, white and blue varigated yarn to use!

    Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Bernat pattern,called "Lacey Blanket",but I couldn't find it on the website,so it may have been a scanned free pattern.It is alternating Dc's & 3-DC shells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found the pattern.Adjust beginning chain to make it the width you want.

    Ch 132 sts.
    Row 1: 1 dc in 3rd ch from hook, 1 dc in same st, *miss 1 st, 1 dc in
    next st, miss 1 st, 3 dc in next st; rep from * across the row, ch 3, turn.
    Row 2: On this row the 1 dc goes into the centre st of the shell of the
    previous row and the 3 dc goes into the post of the previous row.
    Rep Row 2 for pattern until work measures approximately
    50 in. [127

    ReplyDelete