Monday, December 21, 2009

Scarf

Ribbed Scarf,using my Neck Warmer pattern,I made for a gift exchange.Two strands of Caron Simply Soft Shadows in "Opal".I started in the center,working from both ends of the skein,making it the length the yarn made.I then joined a new skein to the starting chain & worked the other side.An easy & fairly quick project.This yarn comes in 8 feminine & masculine colors.The yarn does all the work!

~After breakfast, I made 4 Crustless Splenda-sweetened Pumpkin Pies for gifting. I also gathered trash/recyclables.
~At the Food Pantry,I helped Chuck load 12 bags,then called in pay roll.Pam & Janet liked their pies!
~Mike & I have the day off together!We went to Bibles Plus,where Mike picked out a cross(my Christmas gift to him).We then went to Big Lots & picked out a new runner for the front bath.I plan to switch the decor from frilly feminine to more of a "cabin in the woods" feel.
~We got groceries at WMS.I looked at watches(Mike Christmas gift to me),but couldn't find one I liked.
~After putting groceries away,we got Carl's Jr for lunch.It made me sleepy & I took a nap off & on for about an hour.
~Date Nite was AWESOME!There were only 9 people there,so we got to do alot of shooting.I broke the time-to-first-shot barrier of under 2 seconds with 1.89!Everybody was so proud of me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine, the scarf is beautiful, is the pattern available? I made over 40 scarves for the Food Center here in Flagstaff, they were so glad to get them. So many people are having a tough time.

    Merry Christmas to you and your husband. alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice,

    The scarf is a basic hdc worked in the back loop for a ribbed effect.I used 2 strands of yarn & an I hook,just a longer version of my Neck Warmer.
    http://www.yarncat.com/NeckWarmer.html

    Merry Christmas to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete