Monday, August 3, 2009

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season-Psalm 1:3

Creek at Camp Stoney.

~We sat & drank a cup of coffee while watching news this morning.

~Mike watered the back yard.It is thick & green!


~I stopped at Big Lots for food pantry bag extras(wheat/cheese cracker packs,vanilla cracker sticks & pretzel/cheese packs) & a watering wand to use at the church rose garden.

~I helped Chuck fill 17 food bags.Here is what goes into each doubled paper bag:box of macaroni & cheese,can of pinto beans,can of vegetables,2 small cans of tomato sauce,can of meat(chili,vienna sausage,pasta/meat mix,etc),can of tuna,can of soup(chicken noodle or tomato),can of fruit,jar of peanut butter,10 tea bags,2 packs of instant oatmeal,cup of sugar,package of pasta,2 cups of rice,2 cups of dried beans,2 packs of Ramen noodles & any "extras" I bring or others leave in the church box.On Thursday,when we had out the bags,we put 1/2 dozen eggs in each bag.

~Went to Hobby Lobby to get the remaing things I need to finish the Hug:skein of RHS Coffee,1" foam,thin quilt batt & sheet of red felt.

~At Goodwill,I found 2 salad plates(49cents each),the size we use most.

~I dropped off 2 packages at the post office.

~Back home & after lunch,I worked on the Hug,adding rows in Coffee.I also added 3 more squares to the Gingham Granny lap blanket.

~I reheated grilled smoked sausage for Mikes supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment